Saturday, June 27, 2009
These are some prefelts and silk dyed and ready to be made into a gown. I've never tried any thing like this before. I have no pattern and no idea really I'm just winging it and hoping for the best!! I'm on a dead line as usual and spent an all nighter getting all the bits together.
This is the size of the gown in the underlayer of prefelt next to my 13yr old.
This is the gown before felting. I hope I haven't made it too big!!. It always astounds me the size of things before they are fully felted.
Sunday, June 21, 2009
I promised a pic of the headdress on, and here it is. The weather was a bit crap so the constant drizzle played havoc with the stiffening. It was a bit floppy by the top of the hill at the festival. I also had some fun dyeing more luscious bush. These photos are some of the scarves I made.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
So I've been working on this little piece for a while. I think I got my measurements a bit wrong cause it is awfully tall and a bit top heavy really. I love the way it looks on someone and will try to get a pic of that later. It is still a bit soft for my liking so I will re-wet today and stiffen again. It goes into the Katoomba Art Street exhibition this weekend and I have to drop it off tomorrow so I better get cracking. Just had to share.